[clug] Apple TV 2G mythTV frontend

freds72 at softhome.net freds72 at softhome.net
Fri May 27 02:52:00 MDT 2011

Re:

"I have recently build a HTPC, which runs mythbuntu. Details of
the build will follow (Bob  ) when I have some free time.

My only disappointment is the fan noise. Although the HTPC is relatively
quiet, with the 120mm fan PSU, it is still noticeable, probably
because of the stock intel CPU fan.

Rather, than spend additional $ on a better fan for the CPU, I decided to
use the system as a back end and test out the ATV2 as a front end."

Try installing powernowd.
Even though it is a cpu frequency scaling program, it seems to control the
fan too.
Found that I had to install it on Ubuntu 10.10 to quiet the cpu fan.

cheers
Pete