[clug] Android Handset

Conrad Canterford conrad at watersprite.com.au
Thu May 19 01:46:38 MDT 2011

Hal,
I recently bought a Huawei Ideos X5 from Dick Smiths. $350 simless and unlocked. I'm reasonably impressed with it, overall. Well featured, awesome screen resolution. For that price, I bought it with the expectation it would fail in 12 - 18 months, but it seems solidly enough built that I hope to be pleasantly surprised on that score. 6 weeks is a bit early to judge though.
I don't attend CLUG, so its unlikely I'll be anywhere to give you a play with it, unfortunately.

Conrad.