[clug] Optus MyTab and Android 2.2

Brians brians at en.com.au
Thu May 12 16:40:02 MDT 2011

Yes Acer Iconia A500 which has video 1280 x 800, bluetooth, wi-fi,  NO 3G

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/acer-iconia-tab-a500-review/

Apparently A501 will have 3G be no delivery date or price in Australia yet.

I understand that Android 3.0 onwards will have a minimum video
resolution requirement (768??)
and that 2.3 & 3.0 will merge at 3.1

So it may not be possible to upgrade some of the earlier android devices
to  3.1+

I have a netbook with a video resolution of 1024 x 600 and the 600 is
just a bit small for some web viewing

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1688989

Good Guys Alexandria had
16GB  ~$572??
32GB  ~$685??

Mentioned whirlpool URL
got 32GB $596

Take details from whirlpool forum of this price also mentions some GG
names and stores