[clug] May CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed May 11 06:38:47 MDT 2011

On 11/05/2011, at 9:55 PM, Paul Wayper wrote:

> I know everyone at this point also stares at their toes and mumbles something
> about not knowing very much.  This is, in fact, untrue.  You probably know
> plenty - you just think it's all common knowledge, or too trivial to be worth
> talking about.  This is, again, untrue.  What you think trivial is someone
> else's new discovery.
>
> I'm volunteering to do a talk for the June CLUG meeting on the boot process.
> I'm no expert on it, but I know enough to help other people - and in turn I'm
> expecting to have other people teach me the bits I miss.

I'll second what Paul says.

I don't present at CLUG/PSIG because I think I'm clever, I present because I've run out of people in my immediate network who know more than I do about a subject, and they're sick of hearing from me. So I inflict myself upon you because someone will ask questions that I haven't had to answer for myself just yet, and hopefully that will help me learn more.

See you all tomorrow night. Bring your laptops and a curiosity for programming.

Alex