[clug] Microsoft + Skype

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Wed May 11 03:35:14 MDT 2011

Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
> In the meantime, what's holding SIP back? Is it simply the case that Skype was in the right place at the right time and managed to get the greater share of the market?

SIP is a pain in the arse to get working over NAT, which is probably a
killer even if all the other problems got magically solved. I hate to
say it and I refuse to use it, but Skype wasn't just in the right place
at the right time, they made a product that is still more usable than
any alternatives.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au