[clug] el cheapo linux box?

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Sun May 8 17:20:17 MDT 2011

There were two thing that immediately hit me as being missing if you
what to use this for teaching computing in a wide sense rather than a
narrow sense 1) the ability to interface with the real world to control
things or to do robotics, 2) an ethernet interface so as to be able to
demonstrate networking without having to overload the USB interface. So,
I was glade to see "General-purpose I/O" in the specs, but sadly no
Ethernet. You could argue that this was left out do to cost
considerations and that schools may be a little paranoid about having
fully student controlled devices possiblt come into contact with their
networks. Remember these are the schools that most likely don't have the
resources to teach introductory technical courses (I'm not just thinking
comp-sci here.)

Jeff.