[clug] good (high gain) usb wireless?

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Mon May 2 19:18:12 MDT 2011

Hi

I was helping a friend out with a wireless problem and they were trying to
use a TPLink WN821N, ever other wireless device placed in the same location
had enough signal to maintain a connection, however this tplinkk device
constantly lost signal and connection and renegotiated.

Can anyone suggest a usb wireless device available locally (JB, OfficeWorks,
Tandy, DSE, 7 Star Tech, etc) that has a good revceive and high gain and may
be more likely to work reliably?

(other devices tried in the same location with no problem were two
diffferent Mac laptops, a phone with wireless and my netbook (Samsung))

Cheers

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
don't even bother trying, to say something clever, clever is as clever does