[clug] openSUSE DVDs

Rodney Peters rodneyp at pcug.org.au
Thu Mar 31 17:02:43 MDT 2011

        <AANLkTi=1QhJ23RnuZO_F22RPyfSKR6gP6zOtdy=KWUKw at mail.gmail.com>

> Hey folks,
>
> are you having any public days in the forseeable future? Something for
> Software Freedom Day?
>
> The Aussie openSUSE Ambassador is placing an order for some openSUSE
> 11.4 promotional DVDs, so I can ask for the CLUG to have some if
> needed. With costs of postage and handling the bulk order is the way
> to go. They also try to include some posters and promotional items if
> there's room.
>
> We're trying to get a bit of an openSUSE group going here in Oz so if
> you have any keen openSUSE users who'd like to keep in touch, do drop
> me a line.
>
> cheers
>
> Helen

11.4 was released about 10 March and is current for eight months until about
10 November.   It should not be a major issue for someone who became
acquainted with 11.4 to upgrade to 11.5.a few months later - the upgrade
process in openSUSE is reliable and fairly transparent.

As I understand it, the openSUSE project dispatch a minimum of 100 promotional
DVD, for ecomomy of shipping.

I co-ordinate a linux beginners' group here in Canberra and openSUSE is our
second most popular distro.  I would be prepared to have a few of the
promotional DVD for that group and anticipate that a few members would
participate in an Oz openSUSE group.

Rod