[clug] ebook reader

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 27 22:12:12 MDT 2011

On 28/03/11 14:28, Adrian wrote:
> I am sure this has been asked before, but what was the conclusions of
> the ebook recommendations from clug members?
>
> Price
> Availability
> Most formats
> flexibility
> ease of use
>
> Adrian

I have an original 6" Kindle - goes OK. But my 7" Android tablet (Optus
MyTab - I paid $280 with 3GB data at Dick Smith, but a friend recently
got one on eBay for $200) with Aldiko installed can read most formats.
Although it is LCD and not eInk, it can do a whole lot of other stuff
that the Kindle can't and I'm now just used to using it more-or-less
exclusively for all my eBook reading. Battery lasts two days even with
lots of reading, but I charge it most nights anyway. My wife also uses
her MyTab for eBook reading (as well as web-surfing, e-mail, games, GPS
navigation, watching movies etc. etc., oh yeah, it is even a phone!)

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.