[clug] Linux VPS hosting recommendation

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Fri Mar 25 22:58:40 MDT 2011

Have you looked http://www.webfaction.com/ ? These guys aren't a full
VPS, but you get most of the functionality of one. I'm guessing it's
some form of OS-level virtualisation as opposed to a hyper visor.
(haven't had chance to look closer at it). Looks to be a lot cheaper.
Not sure of what the trade off would be. The first question is do you
need a full VPS? Only you can answer that. I'm not in favour  of share
hosting arrangement as you always seem to be paying the price of others
mistakes and stupidity. The trouble is VPSes are much more expensive in
comparison. This may represent the middle ground with costs similar to
common hosting and functionality closer to VPSes.

If people are commenting on VPS I'd like to widen the scope to include
experience with service similar to web faction.

Jeff.