[clug] Advice request on upgrade to Debian Squeeze - local mirrors?

Rob Bolin rob at unigon.tv
Thu Mar 17 14:55:17 MDT 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Felix Karpfen wrote:
> I note that my recent purchase of the 8 DVDs of Squeeze supplies 29,000+
> packages. My previously purchased (3) Lenny DVDs made available 12,567
> new packages; of these, I have currently installed 956 packages on my
> computer.

8 DVDs?  I only ever download the latest netinst image (180Mb) from
http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst and then install anything and everything
else from mirrors.  The sources I use are:

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://mirror.linux.org.au/debian stable main non-free contrib
deb http://mirror.linux.org.au/debian testing main non-free contrib
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main

but YMMV

Cheers

Rob

--
Vincit qui se se vincit
(He is the victor who is victorious over himself)