[clug] [JOB] Temporary work available

Chris Smart chris at christophersmart.com
Tue Mar 8 15:16:29 MST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am looking for Linux people for the next three or so months to
complete some important tasks at the National Archives. We can
accommodate non-ongoing full time or part time, or a contract via a
company (but we would then need to get 3 quotes).

What I need:
2 x Java programmers (and maybe Python?)
To work on our FOSS digital
preservation software stack, which includes Xena
(http://xena.sourceforge.net) and others. See
http://dpsp.sourceforge.net for all components.

1 x Java clustering (Hadoop?)
We need to take our Java based software stack and move it from a thick
client to a server side solution. This will require lots of software
changes, but we need someone to design a system (including clustered
file system) and tell us how to go about it. I imagine Hadoop is the way to go?

We also have a separate RFQ out for some specific programming tasks:
"Request for Quotation RFQ for Quality Assurance Mechanism for Microsoft
Word to ODF converted documents"
http://www.jobstodo.com.au/jobs?id=6A5DC

If you're interested please contact me off line.

Thanks,
Chris