[clug] a New Kororaa

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 2 18:33:33 MST 2011

On 03/03/11 11:45, Helen wrote:
>> (old Kororaa was based on Gentoo Linux. I blame the demise of Gentoo
>> on the demise of Kororaa... I don't think Fedora is in such a
>> precarious state, though...).
>
> Demise? Well they are stil alive and kicking, there was a couple of
> guys on their booth at SCALE so unless it is a case of the Undead
> Walking.... I didn't get a chance to chat with them myself
> unfortunately, our openSUSE booth was running hot.

I thought I had heard that Gentoo was all but dead - Glad to hear
otherwise. Maybe the revitalisation of Gentoo is what is responsible
for the revitalisation of Kororaa?

>> Well, it all booted up and works and looks pretty slick. Chris has
>> included a bunch of stuff pre-configured from Fedora.
>
> Benefits over using Fedora straight up?

I can't really say. Off the top of my head, much easier to install,
includes Libre Office, pre=configured with "several third party
repositories" etc. Look at: https://kororaa.org for all the details.

> Helen

Bob Edwards.