[clug] [OT] Kate like editor for OSX

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:13:42 MDT 2011

On 23 June 2011 23:51, Randall Crook <rcrook at vtown.com.au> wrote:
> Today I reacquainted myself with KDE after a year+ of gnome as KDE 4 stabilised. The thing that drove my switch back KDE (apart from Gnome Boredom Syndrome) was kate..
>
> Ever since I stumbled across it a few years back I have loved it. But with my shift to gnome and my indoctrinated addiction to vi/vim I have been missing it. I use Fedora at work and kate is now (finally) back as my primary editor for scripting and development there.
>
> But at home I use my Mac mostly. So I had a look at mac KDE but its an awful lot of stuff just to get kate running. As a result i am looking for an editor for OSX that gives me kate like features.
>
> Can any on the list perhaps point me at some suitable work a like editors?

What was stopping you using Kate under Gnome? I'm running F15 with
Gnome 3 at the moment, and Kate is the editor I use day in and day
out. And yes, I agree with you, it's a lovely editor :)

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one
that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
--George Orwell