[clug] Virtualisation solution for development

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Wed Jun 22 22:02:48 MDT 2011

On 22/06/2011, at 10:42 PM, Jeremy Kerr wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
>> Anyone got ideas?  Done the same thing?
>
> Depending on the hardware requirements, it sounds like a simple chroot
> would work here - just a clean 32-bit environment to do your build &
> test in, without needing a completely separate OS instance.

Thanks Jeremy, I reckon that'll be the first thing I try.  I didn't even think of there being a command to get ubuntu to install itself in a folder, but now you mention it I do remember something similar coming across the list a few months back..

A few bind mounts back to /dev, /proc, hopefully I'll be away.

Cheers,
	--Ben.