[clug] Virtualisation solution for development

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Wed Jun 22 04:34:01 MDT 2011

Hi Ben,

I used to run a 64/32 system with really no problem (except the time to keep
both sets of software up to date). I put 64-bit libraries in /lib64 and
/usr/lib64, and kept /usr/local all 32-bit (it was --bind mounted from the
32-bit partition).

ld-linux.so has no problem working out whether to load 32-bit or 64-bit .so
when both exist under their respective directories. Eventually I got lazy and
reverted to the 32-bit partition for everything. Now Slackware releases
64-bit, I might go back to the mixed system (they've done a good job of making
packages that co-exist).

Cheers ... Duncan.