[clug] Secure your Internet facing stuff (was Re: googlebot doing funny things in logs)

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Jun 16 19:37:21 MDT 2011

On 17/06/2011, at 11:05 , Jason wrote:

> I think you are being unrealistic that every device on the internet should be hardened while at the same time fully forgiving that these critical systems are on the internet.

Where was I being forgiving?

Here's an interesting comment from Infosecurity.US: http://www.infosecurity.us/?p=4940

"Firewall: As effective today as it was in 1940" (the graphic attached is a diagram of the Maginot line)

Something to think about, and that's the last I'll write on this topic. For today at least.

Alex