[clug] googlebot doing funny things in logs

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Tue Jun 14 22:07:21 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 13:08 +1000, Hal Ashburner wrote:
> > Second possibility I can think of is you (or someone who accesses your
> > Mythweb) uses the Google Toolbar with the Google History feature[1], and
> > sent those URLs to Google as they were visited.
> I really don't /think/ so. I do use chrome and have 2 android devices.

Oops, missed this line the first time around. Do you use any Chrome
Synchronisation features? How about the Google Safe Browsing Service
(which is on by default I think) together with anonymous Usage
Statistics? On second look, there are quite a few clauses in the Chrome
privacy policy where it may sometimes send out a URL and/or 'certain
other data'.

As for Android, a quick Google didn't find any reference to the Android
browsers' privacy policies or any "phone home" features in them...

- Angus