[clug] Optus MyTab and Android 2.2

Brett Wheeler Brett.Wheeler at daramalan.act.edu.au
Sun Jun 5 18:40:12 MDT 2011

Grant,
They're already giving them away!
I've had ours for a couple of months now.
Came free with a wireless plan from Optus.
Brett.

>>> Grant Allen <gxallen at gmail.com> 5/06/2011 8:26 PM >>>
(reviving a slightly old thread)

The MyTab has now dropped in price to $99 (including 3GB of data - no plan/contract), I've seen them in stock at a few places in Sydney and Brisbane ... not sure about supply in Canberra.  The 2.2 update and carrier unlock are both 60 second tasks, and there are a few custom images out there that look interesting.  At this rate they'll be giving them away for nothing by the end of the month :)

Ciao
Grant
:-)