[clug] Avoiding NVIDIA Optimus ?

Warren Gardner warrenjgardner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:09:13 MDT 2011

Ta Sam.  I thought the lad was going to give me a receipt for our agreement
as everything had already been put through the register (keyboard, monitor,
computer, warranty). I intended to pay with my debit card but it turns out
that is not a goer at DSE. As it was near closing time on the last day of
the sale he said I could come back another day to pay.

It may be for the better.

Unfortunately what I think a particular computer is worth (affordable) and
the price rarely match. That is a little demon in my mind that may dissipate
with more knowledge.  I am shopping as if I can only expect the laptop to
function for three years, while secretly hoping it will last a lot longer.