[clug] Avoiding NVIDIA Optimus ?

Warren Gardner warrenjgardner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:33:16 MDT 2011

Thanks so much for that guys.

I have had a look through your links. I didn't understand that much of it,
but you sound positive.

I will go in to DSE and ask them to boot the machine so I can have a look at
the BIOS. I will look for optimus/integrated/discrete.

Am I right in saying even if I do not find this in BIOS I should be ok,
particularly as a similar Acer is known to work with Bumblebee?

Just in case it is relevant, I am also buying an external monitor.

This is a very steep and scary$$ learning curve so thanks for the great