[clug] Dual Monitors with Thinkpad T410

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:08:09 MDT 2011

At the risk of stating the obvious can you not borrow a monitor or use a
dvi-hdmi cable and your tv and test they all switch on and show
something on the screen?
My understanding is that it depends on the graphics card & drivers, is
there an additional card in the docking station?
I have in the past run 4 dvi monitors on a desktop that had two Nvidia
8800 gts cards in it. This worked best as 2 nivdia "twin view" monitors,
(ie the nvidia card & drivers treated two monitors as one) then xinerama
to combine those into a 4x1 or 2x2 setup.
I believe that each of these cards would show a maximum of 2 monitors so
combining the 2 dvi outputs and the component out got you a maximum of 2
functional screens per card. 3 outputs, pick any 2.

If you're worried and have your heart set on 3 monitors (and why not),
perhaps consider a usb monitor?