[clug] Document metadata conversion?

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:34:24 MDT 2011

Interesting thing to be doing Brad. From an archival perspective, the
date/time created should always be from the original document to
preserve authenticity, while the date/time converted should be stored
separately as a record of what you did to the original.

I'll be interested to see how successful you are in parsing and
converting RTF. We find that OOo or LibreOffice are fine with text and
minimal formatting. Add some column formats, images and tables... and
the whole thing turns to something a bit messy.

--
MC