[clug] Grubbing around

freds72 at softhome.net freds72 at softhome.net
Sat Jul 9 03:23:27 MDT 2011

Keith Sayers said;
"I am consolidating hard drives and now have one which contains, in
separate
partitions, Win98, Win2K and WinXP.  Before those three is a small boot
partition into
which it is my aspiration to install GRUB so configured that it will offer
me an opening
menu of those three and allow me to choose one to operate."

If a grub guru doesn't provide a solution, I would do a minimal install of
Ubuntu by shrinking the last partition.
2Gb should be plenty if you don't intend to use it
It should install grub with all your operating systems listed.

cheers
Pete