[clug] Linux user authentication - integrating with Windows environments

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Jul 7 15:54:03 MDT 2011

On Thursday 07 July 2011 10:18:31 Dale Shaw wrote:
> Possible? PAM or other?
LikewiseOpen? I've only done very simple work with it and can't say whether it
does everything on your requirements list, but its basically designed to make
Linux work with AD. Packages up winbind with the PAM bits and so on. Its open
source.

I also met a guy from Centrify at the AD plugfest in January. They do a
product along the same lines, but more focussed on older Unices. Not open
source.

Brad