[clug] Home Automation

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Sat Jul 2 02:20:28 MDT 2011

I'm running X10 in my current home. Stay away from it, its 1970s tech and it
shows.

I'm currently evaluating some Zigbee gear for my next house, which is pretty
cool. Its fast, secure, and can report state - pretty much the opposite of
X10.

It's cheap too - 3 way glass touch switches are less than $40 each:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/448530594-zigbee-product-Lighting-contr
ol-Touch-Screen-Switch-three-way-free-shipping-to-the-World-wholesalers.html

I can bring the gateway and a 3 way glass switch to the next Make, Hack,
Void meeting on Tuesday if you're interested in playing with it.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
twitter: evildeece   msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org