[clug] AGIMO bad bad bad

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 02:18:42 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au> wrote:
> On 01/19/2011 04:11 PM, Robert Edwards wrote:
>> According to:
>> http://www.finance.gov.au/e-government/strategy-and-governance/docs/wofg_coe_policy.pdf
>> AGIMO have effectively locked all Commonwealth of Australia Government desktops etc.
>> into the M$ world.
>
> Does anyone understand how this ties in with the Gov 2.0 discussion here? (if at all):
>
>        http://gov2.net.au/blog/2009/09/30/draft-project-fund-contract/

Brett,

speaking as a non-member but avid contributor, the Gov2.0 Taskforce
(their blog above) had everything to do with freeing the data and
nothing to do with proprietary formats for anything - sometimes, the
cries of "free the data" were very loud indeed :)

We did get the FOI Act amendment on the Information Publishing Scheme
out of the Gov2.0 Taskforce and a lot of other good things besides -
so there is a cultural shift in government away from "we don't have to
tell you anything, we are the government". Like all cultural shifts,
this one may take a while.

Best regards, Andrew

--
---