[clug] AGIMO bad bad bad

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:53:12 MST 2011

> I suspect that anyone/everyone on this list who _is_ in a government
> department would be unable to comment on this

Hmmm, that's close to true, but not due to some shadowy conspiracy.

We found out about this today and:

1. Several of us are mightily pissed off.
2. We weren't consulted.
3. I'm on 2 AGIMO committees and I had no inkling of this.
4. We are continuing to support ODF as a useful format for the very long term.

Moves are afoot for a response from the NAA, but really, it's probably
a done deal and it just codifies what's been happening for years.

Still, I have to say that some of us are still trying to Fight The
Good Fight from (almost) the inside.

--
MC