[clug] Acer beTouch E130 (Android 1.6) smartphone

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Jan 6 20:48:26 MST 2011

On 07/01/2011, at 14:17 , Robert Edwards wrote:

> Still, with the demise of OpenMoko, Android remains one of the best
> bets for open mobile phones*. I wish it were a lot more open, but at
> least I can easily develop apps and load them on without jumping
> through all the hoops that iOS require.

HTML 5-based webapps work equally badly on all platforms that support them.

No hoops to jump through to publish your cross platform, write once run anywhere applications. No niggles about OS version, jailbroken status, etc. The platform vendor can't retract your application from the marketplace (or user's handsets). Once the user has the application, it's theirs.

Alex

PS: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596805791/ - great book to help you get started, though it is iPhone-centric.