[clug] IPv6

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Thu Jan 6 14:34:35 MST 2011

With the renewed interest in IPv6 I was wondering what other people were doing about using
it.   I can summarise what I've done so far.   Nothing.

Is there anybody out there who is using it?

I've heard that some ISPs have facilities for accessing IPv6 but these mostly seem like a
gateway back to IPv4.  So once the config is done do you actually talk to anyone else
using v6 or does it all end up back on v4 somewhere on the way. It would be good to know
how we're going to get from here to there.  Right now it seems very hard.  Can anyone
recommend some reading for migration strategies?

Brett
--