[clug] Acer beTouch E130 (Android 1.6) smartphone

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Jan 5 22:40:23 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 21:36, Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
>
>> For which device?  As far as I know the HTC Magic on Three Australia
>> has not received a vendor upgrade past 1.6
>
> Really? Can you suggest where can I find 3's release of 1.6 for my
> Magic? I'm still on 1.5. I don't see anything on 3's web site.

I believe you can obtain it from the HTC Australia website, if nowhere
else.  I got it offered as an OTA upgrade the day I unpacked the
phone, though, so never had much cause to look beyond that:

http://www.htc.com/au/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=272&cat=2&dl_id=896

I confess that I never accepted the offered OTA, and didn't use the
stock ROM, on the hardware I bought though, so my knowledge is
limited. :)

Regards,
    Daniel
--