[clug] Acer beTouch E130 (Android 1.6) smartphone

Keith Goggin keith.goggin at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 5 19:15:03 MST 2011

Hi list,

I have just been given one of these phones and after a couple of days playing
with it I have come up with a few questions which I haven't been able to
resolve with google.

1. The phone came with a quick start guide but no real user manual and I
couldn't find one online not even from the Android site itself. The only books
I could find were about more advanced topics than how to use all the features
of the phone and the Android System.

2. Should I upgrade to the latest stable release of Android (if that is newer
than 1.6) or wait for an auto update if that is likely to happen any time
soon?

3. I couldn't find my way to the command line to try out some basic linux
commands. A member of this list suggested I may have to install an application
to do this?

4. I still can't satisfactorily find my way around the keyboard for example
which is the shift key, what are the Fn and SYM keys?

5. I have managed to upload images from and download ogg files to the phone
thanks to its obvious compatibility with my linux mint but it took me a while
to work out that I could mount the device from the phone. Can I issue the
mount from the desktop?

6. how do I change the volume of the music player?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions