[clug] Choppy video on Dell XPS laptop / Ubuntu 10.04 (linux Digest, Vol 97, Issue 1, Message 1)

Andrew andrew at donehue.net
Sun Jan 2 18:17:26 MST 2011

Hi Ben!

Not sure if this helps... (semi-related). I had recently had grief with
a fresh install of Ubuntu (10.10) on a i7 system with a high end Nvidia
card.   The default kernel in 10.04 was okay - but once upgraded to the
new kernel it was choppy and unusable.  I found many on various
discussion boards with the same issue.

I am now running  2.6.36-020636-generic without any issues. (including
full HD).

Cheers,