[clug] ssl and https
bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Feb 27 19:56:43 MST 2011
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:59:54 am dylan porter wrote:
> yeh it works with wired lan just not on wifi
I still think this would be a lot easier if you'd made up a proper summary. So
I'll give it a go:
* all SSL/TLS sites (that you've tried) work over wired LAN
* some SSL/TLS sites work over wireless, but not all.
* you don't see some sites sometimes working - its deterministic by which
host you're trying to connect to.
* it doesn't seem to matter where you try to connect from (in terms of
wireless access point)
* it doesn't seem to matter what client (e.g. which browser) you use.
Any thing else?
The only thing I can think of is that this isn't an SSL problem at all. Does
your wireless device have an IPv6 address? Does your wired interface have an
Maybe you can try using wget with the --verbose option on a couple of sites
that do work, and a couple of sites that don't work, and comparing the
results. Of course, if you want us to help, you might care to post the results
More information about the linux