[clug] duplex scanner recommendations

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:31:19 MST 2011

I dont have a duplex scanner but can heartily recommend this
marvellous bit of software kit:

   $ sudo apt-get install gscan2pdf          (for the debian/ubuntu'ites)

I use this to duplex long docs as it sorts out interleaving. (scan one
side, flip, scan the other). I use a HP 4215 with a sheetfeeder and it
works ace.

The thing that makes this easy is that gscan2pdf has a fantastic drag
and drop interface that you can re-arrange pdf's with (even import and
add to a pdf).

A solid 5 penguin stars.