[clug] Women4Wikipedia

Collective Action collective_action at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:47:28 MST 2011

Hello CLUG members,

I am a local Canberran (mother to Brenton Fletcher of coupa.com who attends CLUG meetups) and I recently launched a campaign to get more women involved with Wikipedia. The dedicated web site will be up shortly but the share information is located on our existing web site Collective Action http://collectiveaction.com.au/events/1018

I'd like to invite CLUG people to Monday night's Twitter chat on 'whether it is better for media to focus on positive or negative stories
 about women in technology?' 8pm AEST at http://tweetchat.com/room/women4wikipedia

I have chosen this topic for tomorrow's debate given the recent media generated by the issue of womens' participation in Wikipedia/FOSS which I think highlights some issues in attracting women into technology circles.

Some interesting background is at the url and the Ada Initiative http://adainitiative.org/

regards

Rosie Williams

http://collectiveaction.com.au