[clug] Dependency resolution for non-source code

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:34:25 MST 2011

>> I think what you are after is a "computational pipeline".
>> Bioinformatics people use these for processing large scale DNA ..

Oi! I resemble that remark!  But then I use makefiles to do this,
primarily as there is a thing in Sun^H^H^HOracle Grid Engine called
qmake that will then run your 'pipe' over a monster cluster with no
extra work... Still this might be perhaps a little beyond what you
want to do...

>> This might be a starting point: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ruffus

If you are into python then be sure to also check out scons:

   http://www.scons.org/

There was also a perl module as some stage called PMP (Poor Mans
Pipeline) that may or may not be maintained anymore to do this sort of
thing.