[clug] Network bridges behind wireless ethernet bridges

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 00:08:48 MST 2011

Hi Ed,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Edward C. Lang <edlang at edlang.org> wrote:
> I'm a little puzzled by a problem I've run into this afternoon in the
> process of setting up some a new computer and some virtual servers.
[... stuff ...]

The topology seems simple enough at a bridging level.

Definitely sounds like a MAC learning problem. Possibly some kind of
ARP timer/MAC learning interaction.

Does the connectivity only drop after a period of inactivity? When
connectivity drops, is it only to the KVM host? That seems to be what
you're saying.

What kind of device is the wireless bridge?

cheers,
Dale