[clug] OS deployment server

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:11:17 MST 2011

Thanks Miloska. Unfortunately, My Mileage Does Vary. :)

These machines will live their lives in glorious isolation, not
connected to each other nor to any external networks. Things like
updates need to be done by individually visiting each machine for a
nice chat. So tools like CFEngine won't really help.

There are few enough of them that it's *almost* just as easy grabbing
a DVD and doing them each manually, but it would be nice to have a
deployment server (maybe only on a laptop somewhere) with a known good
system image on it. And the software installation / configuration on
each one will be just time consuming enough that I'd be happier just
doing it once then changing the few unique things on each machine.

--
MC