[clug] An idea

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Tue Aug 16 20:41:51 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 11:21 +1000, jm wrote:
>Last time I looked into it the UK govt had defined and was using
>TransXChange (http://www.dft.gov.uk/transxchange/)
> *snip*
> I don't know anything about what would have to be done on
> their end to make such a thing possible.

Google also have their own XML-based transit specification, GTFS, which
appears to be similar although somewhat more limited. You can convert
TransXChange->GTFS, don't know if a tool exists for the other way.

I mention this because Google Australia announced that ACTION would be
integrating with Google Transit, to launch "late in June 2009".[1] The
integration process entails providing Google with a GTFS formatted data
feed.

So, it would seem, whatever needs to be done at ACTION's end has so far
taken over two years longer than someone first expected...

- Angus

[1]
http://google-au.blogspot.com/2009/06/google-australia-opens-doors-to-our-new.html