[clug] Printers free to a good home

Lincoln Smith dagdamor at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 2 01:40:28 MDT 2011

Or any home really. We have rapidly gone from zero to three printers, so
two have to go.

1) Canon LBP-1120 laser.  Good personal laser printer.

OS support:
Windows - of course
Linux - drivers exist and work well, though might not be plug and play
depending on your distro.
MacOSX - Nuh uh.

Toner cartridge: Yep, partially used
Notes: Can't find the plastic paper supports for the vertical
feed/output, but a bit of stiff plastic or ply would suffice.

2) Kyocera FS1800.  Workgroup laser.  Output is a bit 'grey' so I
suspect the drum is a bit aged.  I wouldn't print wedding invites on it
but is otherwise fine.

OS Support: Perfect for the big 3

Toner cartridge: Yep, partially used, plus OEM replacement in box with
waste toner bottle etc.
Notes: Has a NIC that I salvaged from another Kyocera so it works as a
networked printer, JetDirect style. Does Postscript emulation so works
perfectly with Linux.

First in best dressed and let me know when you can pick them up.  I'm
located in Cook.

Cheers
Lincoln