[clug] Getting rid of a drives [was partitions] on a USB drive

Adam Baxter voltagex at voltagex.org
Mon Apr 18 01:53:50 MDT 2011

The short answer is to use cfdisk or gparted (on a distro with a GUI)
to remove the existing partitions and recreate a new one with roughly
2GB size. You will lose any existing data on the stick.

If you can get to the next CLUG, I should be there and I'll be more
than happy to fix it for you.

A super complicated solution would be for me to remote to your machine
and fix the stick for you, but that's silly and would require you to
do port forwarding and such.

--Adam