[clug] Getting rid of a multiple drives on a USB drive

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 15 23:11:19 MDT 2011

Hi owen,

Thanks so much for your reply. Today I tried what you suggested and I'm
still in the same boat. The problem isn't the paritions. It is the
multiple drives on the one USB stick and they do not add up to the 2 GB
that the stick is supposed to have.

When I do the fdisk -l I get two devices that are the one USB drive.
They are:

Disk /dev/sdd: 1 MB, 1474560 bytes
Disk /dev/sdc: 497 MB, 497549312 bytes

This totals only 500 MB when I use to have 2GB on the one drive.

Can you tell me how to combine these two devices and get back the full 2
GB of the USB memory stick?

Thanks.

John