[clug] Getting rid of a drives [was partitions] on a USB drive

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 15 23:18:39 MDT 2011

Hi Owen et al,

I have tried the fdisk -l etc. on the USB memory stick but I still have
the same problem.  The problem is not multiple partitions but two drives
that do not tally up to the 2GB that the memory stick use to have.

If I do an fdisk -l I get the following:

Disk /dev/sdc: 497 MB, 497549312 bytes
Disk /dev/sdd: 1 MB, 1474560 bytes

 on the one memory stick. These do not add up to the 2GB that I use to
have.

Can you or someone tell me how to get get the USB memory stick to show
only one device with the full 2GB of memory I use to have?

Thanks.

John