[clug] Looking for CAT5-6 cables. Where to buy?

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Mon Apr 11 00:39:32 MDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 10:24:03PM +1000, Cody Miller wrote:

> +1 From me for 4Cabling, Always very quick turnaround and I've never had
> a faulty cable (Cat5, Cat6, Fibre)

I've had good experiences with 4cabling for short cables (<= 3m cat6).
But recently I got a few 20m cat5 cables.  They're noticably more
marginal - PCs take a few good seconds to get a link, whereas my
arduino ethernet shield can't hold onto its link when powered on.  The
link led comes on for a second, then off for a few seconds, then on
again, and so on until the arduino is reset, at which point it can
eventually manage to get a link.  No idea what the 20m cat6 is like,
but wish I had gotten one to test...

Kev

--
Kevin Pulo