[clug] Getting rid of a partition on a USB drive

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Thu Apr 7 18:10:54 MDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 08:23:17AM +1000, jhock wrote:
> I have a 2GB USB drive. I stupidly put it into a M$ operating system and
> it now has two drives. I think one is for the annoyingly stupid waste
> bin.  So now I have a 1.5 gb drive /dev/sdb and a ~480 mb
> drive /dev/sdc.
I've not seen that before, usually you would have two partitions on the
same drive, ie /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2.  For two partitions you could
use things like gparted to delete the old one and resize the remaining.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ    http://www.enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux      http://www.debian.org/       csmall at : debian.org