[clug] SFD this Saturday

jeff jeffm at ghostgun.com
Thu Sep 16 21:10:13 MDT 2010

  On 17/09/10 12:11 PM, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> Go watch a Steve Jobs presentation, and notice how rarely he ever talks negatively about something. This is how the Steve Jobs RDF works. Always talk to the positives. Don't address the negatives, in any way shape or form. There is no room in the mind of a potential client for any negativity to be associated with your product or brand.
The exception here is if your acknowledging the perceived flaws in you
own product. You do this in a head the off at the pass manner, by
highlighting a perceived flaw before they even mention it and then
turning it around. Off the top of my head, you may mention that open
office is frequently updated, "You may think that frequent updates are a
problem, but this show that flaws are being addressed in a timely manner
most even before run into them and if frequent downloads cause a problem
with you internet usage you can always choose not to download every
update, but only say every second."

A better example may be highlight the perceived difficult of changing
from word to open office and pointing out that they are already familiar
with all the concepts and as a frequent word user are actually likely to
find it easier than myself who does little word processing.

Again, not picking on the competitors products or their past choices.
> Once I started to realise this, I tried very hard to curb my Microsoft bashing. Not because I think Microsoft products are any better than they used to be, but because I realised that "X"-bashing when you are a "Y" champion is a great way of driving people away from "Y".

Jeff.