[clug] CAD software for drawing furniture plans

Hugh Fisher hugh.fisher at anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 13 19:18:51 MDT 2010

Hugh Fisher wrote:
> My experience is that Google Sketchup doesn't have the precise
> measurement tools - grids, etc - that you need to do exact
> design work. That was version 7 though, so things may have
> improved. Worth taking a look at.

Just checked and I've recommended a Mac/MSWin only application!

When I looked at Sketchup around a year ago it was Mac/MSWin
with a Linux version Real Soon Now. According to the current
system requirements page for Sketchup, it's still Mac / MSwin
only :-( unless you've willing to use WINE.

How about Wings 3D? It is available for Linux, with source
code. Not as many features as Blender, but doesn't have the
horrible^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H unusual UI or vertical learning
curve either.

	cheers,
	Hugh