[clug] CAD software for drawing furniture plans

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 13 04:49:02 MDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm trying to find some drawing software for UBUNTU 10.04 lucid lynx
that will allow me to design furniture.  I saw
'lignumCAD' (http://lignumcad.sourceforge.net/doc/en/HTML/index.html).
There doesn't appear to be a debian package for lignumCAD so I will
probably have to compile it from the source at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lignumcad/

Before I do this I thought that I should check with the CLUG to see if
anyone is using other software to design furniture. The features that I
am looking for are:
      * 3D drawing (draw rectangle and then give it a thickness)
      * create parts with dimensions (really important for building)
      * aligning parts
      * assemble parts
      * create drawing (plan view, elevation view, end view, perspective
        view)
Does anyone know of some software that runs on UBUNTU Lynx that I can
use to design some furniture?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John