[clug] Software Freedom Day

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 9 04:56:21 MDT 2010

On 09/09/10 20:44, Mike Carden wrote:
> Am I right in thinking that the Canberra version of SFD is an
> installfest a week after SFD and nobody is actually doing anything on
> the day?
>
> I see the Melbourne crew's plans look impressive:
> http://kattekrab.net/sfd2010-melbourne
>
> I haven't seen anyone keen on LA's offer of free ex-LCA schwag for
> SFD. Do we want some for the installfest?

Just finished up tonights PSIG, where SFD and the installfest were
discussed. The feeling was that there is no point in having the
installfest unless it is promoted at SFD the week before (I'll also
promote it amongst the Comp. Sci. students here at ANU).

So we are hoping that those* who put their hand(s) up to organise:
  1) the actual SFD stall at the Bus Depot Market, and
  2) promotional items such as an article in the CT and interviews
	on ABC local radio (who don't use open-source codecs for
	their internet feed - sorry, I digress...).
will not have forgotten their offer/commitment and will be onto it
for us all. How about it folk! Get us organised! We only have a week
and a bit left to get this happening...

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.

*if you don't remember who you are, Paul Wayper or I can gently remind
you...